Seniors First BC webinar in collaboration with the City of Surrey.
Mark your calendars for World Elder Abuse Awareness Day on June 15 and learn how you can protect yourself against frauds and scams with this free, online session.
During these uncertain times, people are concerned about their health and well-being. Sadly, fraudsters are using the coronavirus outbreak as an opportunity to trick the public with seniors being the most vulnerable. It is imperative to be alert, stay informed and take precautions to ensure the health of yourself and your loved ones.
Learn more about COVID-19-related scams and ensure safety amidst these times of uncertainty and stay safe.
The main learning goals for this workshop will be to address these questions:
- What are the most common COVID-19 frauds and scams?
- What should I do if a scam or fraud is suspected?
- How do COVID-19 related frauds and scams target consumers?
- How can the fraudulent activity be identified?
- How can I protect myself from scammers?
- How do I report fraudulent activity?
- Where can I learn more?
This webinar is offered in partnership with Seniors First BC.
Check back on City of Surrey website link below for more information on June 15 to attend the live webinar starting at 11:00 am.
Link to download the presentation: