Low Cost Dental Programs
The following clinics provide dental treatment at reduced rates. You should call for specific information on fees and hours of service. You may also want to contact local dental hygiene, denturist and dental assisting teaching institutions for low-cost services. More information is available at http://www.bcdental.org/index.htm
- REACH Community Health Centre – Phone: 604-254-1331
- Mid Main Community Health Centre Dental Clinic Phone: 604-873-3602
- Portland Community Clinic Phone: 778-371-0060
- Vancouver General Hospital Diamond Health Care Centre Phone: 604-875-4006
- Strathcona Community Dental Clinic Phone: 604-713-4485
- Vancouver Native Health Society Dental Clinic Phone: 604-255-9766
- Vancouver Community Dental Health Program Phone: 604-215-3935
- UBC Dental School Phone: 604-822-6917
Emergency Clinic: September – May only 604-822-2112
General Dentistry Clinic
Cool Aid Community Health Centre/Dental Clinic Phone: 250-383-5957
Provides services for seniors that are covered through the Ministry of Social Development & Poverty Reduction (MSSD) as a Person With a Disability (PWD) before turning 65 and are eligible to continue with this coverage.
To determine if the senior under PWD is covered by MSSD for dental services, call Pacific Blue Cross (1 877 722-2583), the dental insurance service provider of MSSD.
- Kamloops – New Life Mission Corporate Office@346 Seymour Street Phone: Outreach Services call 250-434-9898
- Kelowna – Kelowna Gospel Mission Dental Clinic Phone: 250-763-3737
- Prince George – Emergency Dental Outreach Clinic Phone: 250-613-PAIN (7246)
- Salmon Arm – Living Waters Dental Clinic Phone: 250-832-3433
Students provide dental hygiene and preventive services for a nominal fee. Restorative and emergency services are not offered. Clinics generally run Monday Friday from September to June. Contact the program for more specific information. More information is available at http://www.bcdha.bc.ca/ or from the teaching institution.
- Vancouver Community College Phone: (604) 443-8499
- MTI Community College 604-437-6030 extension 224 between 12:30 and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday to schedule appointments.
- Vancouver College of Dental Hygiene Inc Phone: (604) 215-7611
- Camosun College Phone: (250) 370-3184
- Chilliwack University College of the Fraser Valley Phone: (604) 795-2829
- Nanaimo Vancouver Island University Phone: (250) 740-6240
- Prince George College of New Caledonia Phone: (250) 561-5810 or (800) 371- 8111