As defined in section 1 of the Community Care and Assisted Living Act, means “services prescribed under section 34 to be prescribed services”.
The prescribed services are set out in section 2 of the Community Care and Assisted Living Regulation:
- regular assistance with activities of daily living, including eating, mobility, dressing, grooming, bathing or personal hygiene;
- central storage of medication, distribution of medication, administering medication or monitoring the taking of medication;
- maintenance or management of the cash resources or other property of a resident or person in care;
- monitoring of food intake or of adherence to therapeutic diets;
- structured behaviour management and intervention;
- psychosocial rehabilitative therapy or intensive physical rehabilitative therapy