Lawyer Referral Service
Local Number: (604) 687-3221
Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Description of service:
Access Pro Bono’s Lawyer Referral Service helps British Columbians of any income to find a suitable lawyer to serve their legal needs. Any member of the public may call the Lawyer Referral Service to obtain the contact information of a lawyer who will meet for a free half-hour legal consultation.
For clients, this is how the service works:
- Call APB’s Lawyer Referral Service line (1-800-663-1919 or 604-687-3221) to speak to an operator.
- Briefly explain your situation and the operator will provide you with the name and phone number of a suitable lawyer.
- Call the lawyer directly and arrange for a free consultation. Mention to the lawyer that you were referred to them by APB’s Lawyer Referral Service.
- If schedules allow, the lawyer will provide you up to a half hour of in-person consultation free of charge, to determine your legal needs and how you may resolve them.
- If you decide that you should retain a lawyer, you may hire the Lawyer Referral Service lawyer to help you further at an agreeable rate of charge. But there is no obligation for either party to continue after the Lawyer Referral Service consultation.
APB’s Lawyer Referral Service is not to be confused with legal aid. In BC, legal aid is provided exclusively by the Legal Services Society to British Columbians on very low income who qualify for their services.
Lawyers in good standing with the Law Society of BC may register to serve clients through APB’s Lawyer Referral Service by completing the form accessible through the ‘LAWYER REGISTRATION’ link below.