Position Title: Part-time lawyer, who could work as an employee or a contractor.
Part-time position: 2 days/week starting no later than September 1st, 4 days/week starting in October 2021.
Reports to: Executive Director
Seniors First BC is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the legal rights of older adults and working towards the eradication of elder abuse. We are looking for a permanent, part-time lawyer. This position includes increased work hours during a six-month leave of absence (October 2021- March 2022).
The Lawyer will carry out the following duties:
– Provides legal information and advice to low income older adults and concerned third parties (friends/relatives).
– Provides representation to Elder Law Clinic clients, and maintains a case load of clients who are generally low income or face barriers to obtaining legal services elsewhere.
– Supervises our experienced legal advocate on tenancy law and other legal issues related to pensions and benefits (October 2021-March 2022 only).
– Appears in court, at tribunals, in alternate dispute resolution settings and carries out formal and informal advocacy on behalf of clients.
– Current BC license, with a minimum of 6 years’ experience.
– Knowledge of Wills & Estates Law is essential.
– Willingness to work with limited support staff.
Deadline: N/A – Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Submit Resume and brief cover letter to Marie-Noel Campbell, Executive Director, at email@example.com