Victim Services Program
Access to the Victim Services Program is through our Seniors Abuse and Information Line (SAIL) at 604-437-1940 in the Greater Vancouver Area and 1-866-437-1940 long distance, weekdays 8am to 8pm and weekends 10am to 5:30pm, excluding statutory holidays.
The Victims Services Program helps victims of crime or abuse who are 50+ and provides emotional support to anyone who has witnessed the abuse of an older adult. Assistance is provided over the phone and callers may remain anonymous. This service is available whether or not the incident has been reported to the police or to anyone else.
Our victim services worker can provide the following assistance:
- Information about the justice system;
- Assistance contacting police doctors or other professionals about what happened;
- Preparation and support for older adults who will be testifying in court about abuse or another crime;
- Information about peace bonds and restraining orders;
- Assisted referral to another program;
- Information about the Justice System;
- A non-judgmental listening ear for older adults who are deciding whether or not to report the abuse to the police; and
- Practical and emotional support.
Our Victim Services Program works collaboratively with other local and provincial Victim Services Programs. We raise awareness about abuse and crimes against older adults and we look for ways to partner with other service providers.
This program is made possible by funding from:
Victim Services and Crime Prevention Division
Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General