Seniors First BC is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the legal rights of older adults and working towards the eradication of elder abuse.
We are looking to hire one paralegal each for the Lower Mainland, Victoria, Prince George, and Nanaimo on a contract basis to help with the preparation of Advance Planning Documents.
Required skills and experience
– At least 3 years’ experience drafting Advance Planning instruments (Wills, Powers of Attorney, Representation Agreements) from lawyers’ notes.
– Ability to create Advance Planning precedents (templates with fields) from lawyers’ previous documents.
– Experience communicating with clients (experience assisting vulnerable or marginalized individuals an asset).
– Experience with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader, MS Teams/ Zoom.
– 3-month contract. The contract may be extended depending on funding.
– At least one day (7 hours) in our office located in downtown Vancouver.
Rate: $35-40/h based on experience
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.