Elder Law Clinic
The Elder Law Clinic operated by Seniors First BC offers pro bono legal services to eligible older adults residing in British Columbia on a wide range of legal matters, including:
- Preparing wills, powers of attorney, representation agreements
- Understanding your legal proceedings and what to expect in court
- Reviewing court documents
- Preparing your own case and submissions
- Representation at certain court hearings in the Supreme Court of British Columbia and the Provincial Court (Small Claims Division) of British Columbia
- Assistance in matters of adult guardianship
- General legal advice
While we do not offer legal services in either family or criminal law, we can direct persons to organizations who may be able to assist.
Contact our Seniors Abuse and Information Line at 604-437-1940 or Toll Free at 1-866-437-1940 for further information or to arrange a consultation with a lawyer. If you are calling about a general Seniors First BC matters or are currently a client of Seniors First BC, call 604-336-5653.
Community Legal Clinics
We offer legal consultations for seniors in the community at two locations:
Barclay Manor in collaboration with West End Seniors’ Network, every 1st Friday of the month, from 10 AM to 12PM.
Minoru Centre for Active Living in Richmond, every fourth Thursday of the month from 10AM to 12PM.
Legal Advocacy Program
Our legal advocate can provide legal advice and representation for the following legal issues:
- Residential Tenancy/Housing
- Pensions and Benefits
Contact our Seniors Abuse and Information Line at 604-437-1940 or Toll Free at 1-866-437-1940 for further information or to arrange a consultation with our legal advocate.
Seniors First BC’s Legal Programs are made possible with funding from The Law Foundation of BC. For other issues that impact the health and well-being of an older adult, call our Seniors Abuse and Information Line (SAIL) — a safe place for older adults, and those who care about them, to talk to a trained intake worker about abuse or mistreatment and receive information or support.