Older adults in BC have the right to live with dignity, free from abuse of any kind.
According to our constitution, we:
- Empower older adults to live with dignity, autonomy and safety through the provision of information and education;
- Promote access to justice and empower individuals by providing legal services to older adults;
- Provide emotional support, information, advocacy and referrals to older adults experiencing abuse and related problems;
- Work collaboratively with government and community agencies on social and legal issues affecting older adults;
- Promote and facilitate law reform and system change for the safety and well-being of older adults;
- Conduct research, develop written materials and deliver workshops on social and legal issues for the safety and empowerment of older adults.